Physical Therapy or Physiotherapy (PT) is both science and art. Through evidence-based practices, advancements in technology, manual therapy techniques and keen listening/observation, PHLEX physical therapists first repair, and then optimize, an individual’s physical potential. PHLEX uses a unique Whole Body Approach, working one-on-one with patients to achieve peak functionality and enhance overall quality of life. Utilizing this therapeutic methodology, we approach the human body as a functional unit, where body parts are interconnected and relate back to one another.
Through a comprehensive rehabilitation program, PHLEX therapists free the body of movement restrictions and correct muscle imbalances. A muscle re-education process is used, and it replaces incorrect compensatory patterns with proper functional movement patterns. Once baseline function has been restored, we go a step beyond to help our patients further improve by setting and moving towards the next set of physical goals.
PHLEX therapists work with a broad range of patients, including, but not limited to:
- Post-operative patients who need intensive care
- Recreational athletes (e.g. golf and tennis players) who need an education in proper bio-mechanics
- Professional athletes who need to improve overall performance and reverse the cycle of repetitive stress and strain
- Multi-sport athletes who require endurance and strength training to prevent overuse injury
- Pre/post natal patients who need neuro-muscular re-education of the core and pelvic floor muscles
- Patients with chronic pain who want to correct debilitating patterns with methods that enable the body to heal intelligently